Sunday, December 9, 2012

Letter To My Younger Self

Dear Malcolm,
I wanna write to you, don’t be confused
Just listen, don’t be amused
I know you're young but these are some tools
You can use to make sure your life turns out better
And I know right now you’re feeling like you’ll live forever
But sometimes being reminded that you’re only human can save you
Not trying to debate with you, just trying to reshape you
Who am i?
I'm the person who's been catching each and every one of your tears
I'm the person who held you through all of your fears
I'm the person who watched you grow through all of these years
Confused much?, cause right now you’re saying "there was nobody there"
But let’s be clear, you had me and I was always here
All you ever had was me so i just want you to know
Don’t ever feel like you are alone
I wanna give you some premature warnings of some things you didn’t know
And make sure you make the right decisions when you’re feeling low
Some of your biggest mistakes are saying Yes when you wanted to say No
And I know you don’t have many friends and holding on to them is important
But those people will walk all over your and all that anger will lie dormant
You bottle it up inside and though your shy, no don’t lie
We both know your shy, the quiet guy who keeps to himself
That’s you, scared to interact, that’s true
But keep this in mind that you, have potential
Even though people don’t see it, In you, don’t let that be the reason its goes to waste,
You’ll realize it one day, but why not a sooner date?
You feel like the bad guy, everyone turns their back on you right?
Well what better feeling then to succeed when they’re not watching
It’s alright, everyone already thinks your plotting, always with such a serious face, and a mean face.
But when they turn back around they will be looking at a man
A Man they didn’t know existed inside of you Malcolm, its true
For I am you, I know your pain, your fears,
When you cry, how many tears, when you'll mature, how many years
But the purpose of this is, not to spoil your future, but to make sure you
Keep all those goals intact, I know your goals, you have talent
And if you don’t let anyone bring you down or through you off balance
Let’s just say you eventually managed to take the proper path
Even though you hate school Malcolm, you’re a genius when it comes to math
Even though you're quiet guy, you have a gift to make people laugh
And I'd tell you to stop acting an ass, but who am I, I laugh more
Than anyone else do.
Class clown in high school, but the biggest achievement is that honor roll you made
Remember those days when you wanted to give up, this goes to show that you can accomplish anything,
Turn your past around and chase any dream,
my advice to you is for you to be proud of yourself and build your self-esteem,
Walk with your head held high and always aim for the sky,
That shy guy will no longer be you one day but don’t rush it
Your first love, loved you for it, but not to get off topic
I just want to tell you, all those days of being bad for attention
Will help put you on the right direction
Cause without some light and dark you couldn’t see your reflection
Who you are is what you make yourself to be
And though you have a rough road ahead of you
You'll eventually become Me.

PS Don't skip school during finals week on those half days when you turn 16. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment