Sunday, December 23, 2012

Love Pains

You used to make my heart throb, now you make my stomach turn
Could of took the bitter route but it’s just another lesson learned
You used to brighten up my days, now I can’t stand the thought of you
We used to be so close who would have thought we end up like this
Convinced, we knew what love was but you don’t blame love for this
I mean could love really turn people from friends, to lovers, then to enemies
I mean I would have settled for you just being friends with me
But love pains make it hard to see you as a friend to me
Love pains take my consciousness and turns it to self-consciousness
Convinced I was the cause of this, destroying all of my confidence
But even love has a consequence
And we all hate to admit it,
But love can get the best of us and change our lives within minutes
I mean it’s complicated explaining it
A guy like me tries to run away from it
Having prior heartbreak experience scares me to put my faith in it
They break parts of the heart and leave with parts of the soul
Invest so much time and love and that that damage takes its toll
So when we are finished I'm left with half of a whole
Funny how quickly something new can become something old.
What do we gain from love pains,
Nothing more than feelings of being deranged
Days of never ending rain, and I swear every time I hear your name
I just want to go insane, but instead I refrain
Maintain my composure and hold my emotions back
Love pains seems to be the cause all of that
Love pains, love cries, love hurts, and love dies
But why, won’t these pains just go away
They say hurt people, hurt people
And the fact that I look at you as equal
Reassures that one mistake can pierce you like a needle
But love must go through pain as well
Seeing so many marriages and relationships fail
So much, people taking others for granted and betrayal
It seems like love would work when there’s winter in hell
But optimistically, there’s always a possibility
The best moments of love seems to always lie in history
But still have the same chances of getting your heartbroken
The pain of giving your all and having it all stolen
Hurt is inevitable and love pains can cause it
But with the right love in your heart you can guard it
Otherwise you can’t expect someone to love you, it won’t work
So always remember to love yourself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment