Saturday, March 2, 2013

Her

There was once a time I would lay up at night
Wondering what my perfect women would be like
I thought of characteristics and physical features
If I got her how would I treat her
If she wouldn't open up her mind, how would I read her
If I were to tell her i love her, would my words reach her
But I love the fact that she's a mystery
Hopefully falling for you would prevent me from getting injury
Cause for her, I would carry the cross to my own crucifixion if
It would help her have more faith in me
And I could die on that cross and you could bury me in a tomb,
And I would rise on the 23rd hour just to prove,
I could not live a day without her.
It’s funny how sometimes I compare my nights to her
Cause every star in the sky aims at the moon
And in my eyes I'm that shooting star who'll get there soon
So when I find her, I won't let her go so easily
Everything we do is between me and you, so I'm sworn into secrecy
For her, I would count every star in the sky,
And find the one that most resembles the look in Her eye
When we share our moments together and I'm trying to decide
Exactly how to tell you, that you are the "Her" I've been looking for
And Her love got me feigning more than any drug at the convenient store
I told myself I should fight it but now I'm willing to go to war
Hoping these moments are just then beginning, and there’s more to explore
Cause at the end of the day, if I have Her then i don't need much more
For her, I would mark every second of the day after every time we part ways
Just to tell her that’s it’s been exactly 52,364 seconds since I got to say
That I love you, and hoping that you feel the same way,
Because for Her, there’s nothing I won't do,
I'm painting your toenails, drawing the little details
Holding conversations through, texts, tweets, and emails
Taking the password off my phone cause I don't have anything to hide
Letting you win arguments, because I'd be willing to set aside my pride
For her, I would be willing to go to war with anyone who doubts us
Because us being in our own little world just means they don’t know anything about us
They would see how happy we are and wanna crowd us
And I would laugh at you when I see you try to act tough
We would be secure in each other because we have trust,
And we have Us, and I have Her
And now I know after all this time I've been living my life backwards
And now i can proceed to move forward
Not having to worry about feeling cornered
Because she has my back, and I have hers
Knowing that we can handle anything that occurs
If I had Her in my life I wouldn't need to mislead
Other women who don't compare to Her,
When I try to think about past loves it’s all a blur
Forgetting those who don't hold a candle to Her,
And knowing what I have now, I prefer
And it’s funny the more I think about her
How I would love and never doubt her
How Her beauty blooms like the most beautiful flower
And how I don't ever want to be without her
I spend all this time wishing for her
But the only thing missing is Her.

No comments:

Post a Comment